Here are some very important reminders for ALL current SkillsUSA members:
Next Meeting: Wed., 12/4/13, Library, 10:15am-11:00am
· National membership is now CLOSED. We are not registering any more national SkillsUSA members for our chapter. Click HERE to see our official roster of national members for 2013-2014. Congratulations, you guys!
· We will continue to accept "unofficial" members who are NOT registered with SkillsUSA National. These unofficial members can still participate in chapter activities and events (i.e. community service, social events, etc.) but cannot compete nor be an officer or courtesy corps member.
· All registered and unofficial members are expected to attend at least 50% of membership meetings per month to maintain membership status. You must sign-in at every meeting on the computers provided.
· All registered SkillsUSA members who plan to compete at Regionals in January must:
o Have registered online to compete (http://ranchoverdeskillsusa.weebly.com/competitions.html)
o Have turned in a signed "Competitor Contract" (available for download at above link or can pick up in 712)
o Get all competition info from Mrs. Rye - what you'll have to wear, do, get, prepare, etc. - for each competition. Info packets will be available at our 11/20 meeting or you can stop by 712 to pick that up.
o Once registered for competition, you are LOCKED IN. We do not get a refund if you end up not showing up on competition day.
o Competition Dates:
§ Regional competition - San Bernardino (day 1 of 2): Saturday, January 18, 2014, 7:00am-3:00pm
§ Regional competition - San Bernardino (day 2 of 2): Saturday, January 25, 2014, 6:30am-4:00pm
§ CA state competition - San Diego: Thursday, April 24, 2014 through Sunday, April 27, 2014
§ National competition -Kansas City, MO: Monday, June 23, 2014 through Saturday, June 28, 2014
TYPHOON DISASTER RELIEF FUNDRAISING:
Members Walt Goc-Ong and Hector Munguia, along with friend Jorge Aguilera, decided to lead a donation campaign to collect money to send to the Red Cross for the victims of the recent typhoon in the Philippines. We will continue to collect funds until 12/14/13, then will send a check from
Rancho Verde SkillsUSA directly to the Red Cross! Please give if you can, and encourage others to do so, too!
· We have an ongoing list of community service opportunities. All of the events listed take place at The Grove Community Church in Riverside. See our Community Service web page for updates to the event list
· To sign up, email firstname.lastname@example.org, text Ms. Rye 951-824-7483,
or come see Mrs. Rye in 712
· Once signed up, you are 100% responsible for finding your own transportation to the event. PLEASE BE ON TIME and SHOW UP! If the event is listed, it is because they NEED YOU. If you sign up, consider yourself committed to be there.
· SkillsUSA Secret Santa:
o At either the 11/20 meeting or anytime before our 12/4 meeting, you can pick up a Secret Santa Questionnaire (in 712), fill it out, turn it right back in to the box, then pull someone else's questionnaire from the box. If you submit a questionnaire, make sure you take one, too.
o The gift $amount should be between $10 and $15. Bring all gifts to 712 before 12/4 to be stored and locked up.
o We will distribute Secret Santa gifts at our 12/4 meeting!
· SkillsUSAMovie Night Out!:
o We plan to all meet at a movie on a Friday, Saturday, or Sunday night. More details to come! If you'd like to be on the movie planning team, let me
See you at our meetings!
Mrs. Rye & Coach D
Facebook Like: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Rancho-Verde-SkillsUSA/107729556051009
Facebook Friend:Rancho Verde Skillusa
Remind101: Text 951-643-4181 with @e211df